Saturday, December 6, 2014

When Opportunity Knocks...You'd Better Open the Door

I have had some recent life experiences that have helped illustrate an important principle. That principle is the one of "seizing the moment" while the moment exists. Because if you don't, it can quickly get away from you. And often, those moments won't come twice--if you miss it, it's gone.

I think this is so important for all of us to recognize. How many times do we go through life with a certain checklist in mind, only to miss out on some of the most important chances when they are literally right in front of us? Yeah, I've missed some opportunities throughout the years. But I've also recently acted on some very important ones. And it makes all the difference.

So from here on out, I'm going to make a conscious effort to pay extra attention to what I'm really looking for. What's the purpose of living if it's just to settle for an uneventful, boring routine? When opportunity starts knocking...well, I'll make sure I don't wait. Cause there's still a lot more knocking to come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment