Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Power of Confiding in Friends


This week, I have learned a little clearer the great power and peace that comes through friends. I feel like in this life, the battles and struggles that we fight are tough. Usually, many of us think we have to face these fights alone. I was able to study important spiritual topics with my roommates these past few days, and it has made quite the impact.

We all have friends, and we all need friends. They help us to not get caught up in self-deception, self-pity, or even self-destructive behaviors. There are lots of ways they can help us, we just need to be humble enough to seek their help.

So, this week as I continue to make important life decisions, there will come times when I will need an additional hand. So whether they come in the form of late-night chats, car rides, or conversation over a meal, I will take advantage of whatever chance I get. Sometimes it can be hard to get help, but just remember Jake's Theorem--that thing you're dreading, it's never as bad as you thought it was going to be.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with that last part about dreading. Last night I was super stressed about two tests that I had to take today and I'm sick so everything was a million times worse in my head. Today, I got up, got ready, and headed to school to take my tests and did just fine. I was such a worry bug last night but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. And most of the time it never is. Thanks for your thoughts. It's definitely good to have friends like that to talk to.

    ReplyDelete