Saturday, November 15, 2014

Why We Read

So, I have been thinking about some of the changes that we see in our increasingly modern society. One of the things that is less and less common is reading. I am talking about the true art of deep, soul-searching, pondering reading. I love exploring the human experience, and I think reading is one of the best ways to do it. Here are my top five reasons why we read (or should read):

1)  We learn more about who we are by reading about others. Often, I can find similar qualities in someone else, and it helps me to relate m life experiences to theirs.

2)  We love to go to a different world. Why else would we read about fantasy in a world of magic, sci-fi, or romance?

3)  We analyze the human experience. It's awesome to learn about folly and triumph, and learn a little bit more about why we do what we do.

4)  We learn a lot about the world around us, including words, names, places, and cultures.

5)  We do it be a part of something greater. It's nice to know that when we have read a book, we join shoulder to shoulder with so many others who have done the same.

I, for one, am determined to try harder to appreciate books and reading. I want to make sure that I always seek for more learning throughout life.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, bruh, these are really some great reasons as to why we should read. Recently, I have been trying to do better at reading because of these reasons and others. I think it opens up our mind and we are able to use our imagination so much better and not be so close-minded. I think that writing also does the same for us, and I also want to get better at writing stories down that I hear and maybe also other things like fantasy. Thanks cuhz for all your crazy good insight and advice and heart and soul and might and mind and strength and courage and honesty and imagination and all that stuff. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete